CareersJoin Team Huber!
Senior Systems Engineer for Storage
Title: Senior Systems Engineer for Storage
Reports To: Team Lead IBM Power & Storage
The Senior Storage Systems Engineer will work with a team and independently to support our clients in the public and private sector.
This Engineer will work to troubleshoot and optimize storage systems solutions for our clients. They will manage and monitor all installed storage systems and infrastructure where needed. The Engineer will perform all responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement storage solutions for clients in public and private sector
- Work to improve technical enterprise storage solutions for all business sectors
- Demonstrate ability to solve client’s business problems by architecting customized systems
- Design solutions based on IBM hardware & software products and popular open source technology
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SAN environments and replication
- Experience with installation / implementation and troubleshooting complex storage problems with various storage devices and platforms
- Monitor storage systems for performance and integrity
- Create, oversee and test new technologies while creating best practices
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with end-users and co-workers
5+ year’s industry-related experience as Storage Administrator for medium / large or enterprise environments
- Demonstrate strong skills with Storage Cloud solution design and Storage solution for PaaS cloud platform (Kubernetes, Redhat Openshift etc.) is a plus
- Experience on Software Define Storage, skill on IBM Spectrum Scale/Control/Archive/Virtualize/Protect, familiar with products specification and hands on experience is a plus
- Skill in Z/OS, VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Power Linux, and certification is a plus
- Experience with Shell or similar scripting language is a plus
Send resume to: email@example.com with the subject line Senior Systems Engineer for Storage.
If you have questions please contact:
Huber & Associates
attn. Ken Enloe Director of Human Resources
1400 Creek Trail Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer.