- This event has passed.
Storage Insights Event
August 23 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE
- Enterprise monitoring dashboard
- Device event alerting
- Performance checking
- Capacity checking
- Service ticket processing
- Streamlined uploading of diagnostic data
Storage Operations Center:
With Call Home events and key performance and capacity indicators, you can assess the health of your IBM block storage environment and act quickly to resolve incidents before they affect critical storage operations.
How it Works:
A lightweight data collector is installed in your data center to stream performance, capacity, asset, and conﬁguration metadata to your IBM Cloud instance.
The metadata flows in one direction – from your data center to IBM Cloud over HTTPS. In the IBM Cloud, your metadata is protected by physical, organizational, access, and security controls.
IBM Storage Insights is ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management certiﬁed.
What metadata is collected:
Metadata about the conﬁguration and operations of storage resources is collected, such as:
– Name, model, ﬁrmware, and type of storage system – Inventory and conﬁguration metadata for the storage system’s resources such as volumes, pools, disks, and ports – Capacity values such as capacity, unassigned space, used space and the compression ratio – Performance metrics such as read and write data rates, I/O rates, and response times
The actual application data that is stored on the storage systems can’t be accessed by the data collector.
Who can access the metadata
Access to the metadata that is collected is restricted to:
– The customer who owns the dashboard – The administrators who are authorized to access the dashboard, such as the customer’s operations team – The IBM Cloud team that is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of IBM Cloud instances – IBM Support for investigating and closing service tickets